Chlorinated Alkanes: Introduction
- Chlorinated alkanes, also called chlorinated paraffins, are highly versatile chemicals that provide essential, often life-saving properties, to those products that contain them. They are produced by the chlorination of n-paraffin or paraffin wax.
- Commercial chlorinated alkanes contain 30% to 70% chlorine, are largely inert, practically insoluble in water and hardly evaporate. Most commercial products are liquid with a range of viscosities, depending on the degree of chlorination. There are also solid types that have longer carbon chain lengths, containing 70% to 72% chlorine.
- Chlorinated alkanes are also capable of mixing with many organic solvents. This diversity makes chlorinated alkanes highly versatile in large numbers of applications.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Different Types of Chlorinated Alkanes
- Based on type, the global chlorinated alkanes market can be classified into short chain, medium chain, and long chain, generally depending upon the length of the carbon chain
- Short-chain is based on C10-13 paraffin, while medium-chain is based on C14-17 paraffin. Long-chain is based on C18-20 (liquids), C>20 (liquids), and C20 wax grades (average carbon chain length approximately C25).
- The difference in the size of the molecule is important when considering their application. There are also regulatory aspects with different chain lengths and chlorination patterns, leading to fundamental differences in their properties.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Brake Override System Market, Request for a Sample
Growth of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Sector to Drive Chlorinated Alkanes Market
- Chlorinated alkanes are employed in plasticizers of plastic materials (PVC), paints and sealants, flame retardants, natural and synthetic rubbers, and lubricants and lubricant additives in metalworking applications due to their neutral character, relative light stability, weak toxicity, reduced coloration, transparency, low volatility, low conductivity, non-flammability, and compatibility with plastic polymers, resins, waxes, and plasticizers.
- Chlorinated alkanes are largely used as plasticizers in flexible PVC. Chlorinated alkanes have diverse range of uses, and are a class of versatile chemicals that have been in safe use for more than 50 years, particularly in settings where chemical stability is essential.
Restraint of Chlorinated Alkanes Market
- Chlorinated alkanes are under a high degree of regulatory scrutiny, with one of the major questions being how much can legally be in a product or material
- Notification to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is a legal requirement for imported consumer products that contain >0.1% w/w SCCP (short-chain chlorinated alkanes). Often, there are claims that SCCPs “appear in products” above the limit or, even more incorrectly, in European MCCP/LCCP products. However, SCCP and MCCP/LCCP are different chemicals.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Chlorinated Alkanes Market
- In terms of region, the global chlorinated alkanes market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of global chlorinated alkanes market during the forecast period due to the presence of large numbers of the chlorinated alkane manufacturers in the region. The market in Asia Pacific has been expanding, primarily due to unregulated use of paraffins in several parts of the region.
- The market in North America and Europe is mature. Concerns related to the toxicity of chlorinated paraffin has led to limited use of the compound in these regions. Furthermore, the adverse impacts of long-term exposure to chlorinated paraffin on human health has hampered the market in North America and Europe.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS –https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=77702
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global chlorinated alkanes market is fragmented, with market players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. Online portals are used by various companies to sell products. Major players offer a complete portfolio of products and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global chlorinated alkanes market include:
- XING YANG NO.10 CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- Química del Cinca SLU
- LEUNA-Tenside GmbH
- Altair Chimica SpA
- Dover Chemical Corporation
- NCP Chlorochem (Pty) Ltd.
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Energy Industry:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/liquid-biofuel-market-to-reach-valuation-of-us-295-bn-by-2027-depleting-conventional-fuel-reserves-has-led-the-manufacturers-to-develop-effective-biofuels-opines-tmr-301025344.html