Clay Roof Tiles: The Most Durable Roofing Material
- Roof tiles are designed in such a way that the tiles protect the house from rains. These tiles are primarily made up of locally available materials such as terracotta or slate. Sometimes, modern materials such as concrete and plastic are also used. Some clay tiles also provide a waterproof glaze. Roof tiles are ‘hung’ from the framework of a roof with nails. These tiles are usually hung in parallel rows, with each row overlapping the row below it to exclude rainwater and cover the nails that hold the row below.
- Clay roof tile is one of the oldest roof tiles available in the market. These tiles are made from different types of materials such as clay, cement, and ceramics; and are either flat shaped or arc shaped. Clay roof tiles are largely used in residential and commercial applications.
- Roofs made from clay roof tiles offer strong protection for houses against weather (including wet conditions). Clay roof tiles are expected to provide a service life of up to 150 years. These tiles are durable, attractive, and cost-efficient. Furthermore, their color does not fade over time.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Brake Override System Market, Request for a Sample
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Clay Roof Tiles Market
- Residential construction has been expanding at a rapid pace across the globe. Clay roof tiles are extensively used in residential construction owing to their advantages such as better durability, attractiveness, cost efficiency, and easy availability. Increase in middle class population and rise in disposable income of the people are driving the demand for housing across the globe. This is anticipated to boost the global clay roof tiles market during the forecast period.
- Clay roofing tiles offer excellent overall heat transfer properties for residential applications compared to other roof tiles. Furthermore, various types of residences including single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, and apartment buildings are installing clay roof tiles. This is driving the demand for clay roof tiles. Increase in demand for these tiles in the construction sector is expected to fuel the global clay roof tiles market in the next few years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Clay Roof Tiles Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global clay roof tiles market can be classified into residential, commercial, industrial, infrastructure, and others
- The residential segment is anticipated to expand at a faster pace than other segments during the forecast period, owing to the increase in residential construction (single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, and apartment buildings) across the globe
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Clay Roof Tiles Market
- In terms of region, the global clay roof tiles market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The clay roof tiles market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a faster pace compared to that in other regions primarily due to the robust growth in construction activities in countries such as India, China, the Philippines, and Indonesia in the region. Developing countries in Asia Pacific, such as India, China, and South Korea, are the major markets for clay roof tiles. Construction activities are increasing in these countries owing to rapid industrialization and urbanization.
- The U.S. dominated the market in North America in 2019, led by rapid rise in residential construction in the country. According to the U.S. Censor Bureau, residential construction increased by about 2.5% in the country in 2018 compared to that in the previous year. This is expected to boost the global clay roof tiles market in the region.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS –https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=77703
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Clay Roof Tiles Market
The global clay roof tiles market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global clay roof tiles market include:
- Luoyang Dannuo Gardens & Building Material Co. Ltd
- Shanghai Taodu Trading Co. Ltd.
- Guangxi Wuzhou Geoffering Co. Ltd
- Ludowici Roof Tiles
- Marley Eternit
- CERAMICA VEREA USA CORP
- Braas Monier Building Group
- Boral Limited
- Terreal Malaysia Sdn
- Tejas Cobert
- Nelskamp, Innova Tile
- Russell Building Products Limited
- IKO Industries Ltd.
- Crown Building Products, LLC
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Energy Industry:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/with-constant-efforts-by-the-governments-to-reduce-the-emission-levels-across-the-globe-the-global-industrial-absorbents-market-shall-witness-a-consistent-growth-from-2019-to-2027-noted-tmr-301029551.html