Ethyl Chloride: Introduction
- Ethyl chloride is a chemical compound that is used as a chemical intermediate in aerosols, solvents, and anesthesia. It is also employed in the manufacture of dyes, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. Furthermore, it is used as a medication to alleviate pain associated with insect burns and stings.
- Ethyl chloride is a colorless and flammable gas that is slightly soluble in water
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Brake Override System Market, Request for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Ethyl Chloride Market
- The global ethyl chloride market is expected to expand significantly due to increase in demand for dyes, chemicals, and pesticides across the globe
- Ethyl chloride is increasingly used as a blowing agent during the production of foam plastics. Rise in usage of foam plastics in various applications, such as thermal and acoustic insulation materials, cushioning materials, and plastics panels and articles, is anticipated to fuel the global ethyl chloride market during the forecast period
- Increase in demand for insulating materials is also estimated to drive the demand for foam plastics, thereby boosting the demand for ethyl chloride in the near future
Foam Plastics Application Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of application, the foam plastics segment accounted for major share of the market in 2019 due to the increase in usage of ethyl chloride as blowing agent in foam plastics
- Ethyl chloride is used in various niche but critical applications in several industries such as dyes and chemicals. It is also used in the production of tetraethyl lead, an anti-knock additive gasoline additive.
- Ethyl chloride is employed extensively in the production of ethyl cellulose and in various other miscellaneous applications. For instance, it is used as solvent in phosphorus, sulfur, fats, oils, resins, and waxes.
- Based on product type, the ethyl chloride market can be segmented into monoethyl chloride and diethyl chloride. Monoethyl chloride is less toxic; hence, it highly preferred by end-users.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Government Regulations on Ethyl Chloride to Hamper Market
- Rise in awareness about air pollution and increase in implementation of stringent regulations on the usage of ethyl chloride have adversely affected the consumption of ethyl chloride. This is hampering the global ethyl chloride market.
- Some regulatory organizations that regulate the production and consumption of ethyl chloride include the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH), and Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction (REACH) regulations
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Ethyl Chloride Market
- In terms of region, the global ethyl chloride market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a major consumer of ethyl chloride across the globe. The region is likely to witness significant rise in demand for ethyl chloride owing to expansion of the chemical industry in the region.
- China, India, and ASEAN countries are expected to be major consumers of ethyl chloride in Asia Pacific due to the substantial growth of polymer and chemical industries in these countries
- The market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a sluggish pace owing to the increase in environmental regulations on the usage of ethyl chloride in these regions. Furthermore, demand for ethyl chloride has declined sharply in the U.S., as the government has mandated the reduction of usage of lead additives in gasoline.
- Growth of the insulation industry in Europe is expected to be the key factor driving the ethyl chloride market in the region
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS –https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=77704
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global ethyl chloride market include:
- The Linde Group
- MESA International Technologies, Inc.
- Dow Chemical Co
- BASF SE
- Seidler Chemical Co.
- Tokyo Chemical Industry
- Puyer Biopharma Ltd.
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Energy Industry:https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/global-adaptogens-market-to-expand-as-ancient-lines-of-medical-treatment-gain-traction-tmr-851676748.html